(Excerpts from Pastor Taiwo Bolodeoku’s message at the last Sunday service.
TEXT: ISAIAH 55:8-9
Some people rely on ministers and others to hear God’s voice and to know His will. If you do not learn to begin to close the gap, you will be dependent on others to hear from God. Joshua Ville is raising people who will close spiritual gaps, who hear from God and have confidence.
God does not work or think the same way as us. His ways are different from ours. Psalm 103:7
FIVE THINGS THAT GIVE US ASSURANCE TO REMAIN IN GOD’S PERFECT WILL
- God knows all things Isaiah 46:9-10
- God’s justice will prevail 2 Thessalonians 1:6-7
- God works in all things for our good Romans 8:28
- Nothing can hinder God’s plan Job 42:2, Isaiah 14:24-26
- Our times are in His hands Psalm 31:14-15
Moses knew the acts of God, but his focus was on the way of God. God wants us to press in beyond the acts He does for us. We have been given the Spirit of God to know His ways.
HOW DO WE CLOSE THE GAP?
- The Word: Joshua 1:8 We know about people when we read about them. In the same way, we know about God when we study His word.
- Prayer & Fasting: You know God in the place of prayer and fasting. Men who know God have confidence Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Leviticus 6:12, Isaiah 40:31, Isaiah 58:6. When you know God, you are confident.
- Through a life of the Spirit Galatians 5:16, 1 Corinthians 2:14-15