(Excerpts from Pastor Taiwo Bolodeoku’s message at the last Sunday service)
- The resurrection of Christ assures us that God has accepted Christ’s sacrifice for our sins. Romans 4:25
- The resurrection of Christ assures us that there is life after death, so we don’t need to be afraid to die. Philippians 1:21. If we believe that Jesus Christ really rose from the dead, we should not be afraid to die.
- Matthew 28:20 the resurrection assures us that Christ is with us in the present. Jesus is with us till the end of the world. When the power of God falls on people, it is Jesus who heals, not men.
- The resurrection assures us that we have an advocate in heaven. The devil is the accuser of the brethren; let no one accuse you of what you have done because the Blood has paid the price. Zechariah 3:1-5. It does not matter what you have done, as long as you have renounced it. 1 Corinthians 2:8, Romans 8:1. Living a holy life is an understanding. Sin is a destroyer of harvest and God has no business with people who jump in and out of sin
- Resurrection assures us of the necessary power to live as God requires. To live holy. Philippians 3:10, Romans 1:4, when the power is released upon your life, you will live holy.
- The resurrection assures us of the new body we can have some day. 1 Thessalonians 4:14. When Jesus comes, there is a new body promised to the saints.
- The resurrection assures us of a returning Redeemer, which is Jesus. Acts 1:10-11, Acts 17:31