HEALTHY LIVING

Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity – John F. Kennedy

Healthy-LivingPhysical Fitness is a general state of health and well-being and, more specifically, the ability to perform aspects of sports or occupations.

Health and fitness, fitness and health… Two peas in a pod, one can’t go without the other.

According to Rachael Blanchard, “I think it’s more important to be fit so that you can be healthy and enjoy activities than it is to have a good body”.  We all want to look hot and sexy, slim and full without having to do any work. Health they say is wealth, and keeping fit is very important.  If only we could make a decision to be fit and healthy and stick to our decisions, there would be fewer cases of diseases and illnesses than we currently have.

Imagine someone sweating their fat off in the gym four hours a week, and eating junk food for 72 hours in that same week; why bother? Being healthy isn’t just a state of mind, it is what you eat. Where you eat, when you eat, how you eat and why you eat.

Let us endeavour to inculcate a healthy sense of lifestyle and it could be surprised at how much we would be saving.

You don’t have to wait till you become obese or overweight to work out. We know that as Nigerian women, most of us are prone to having big stomachs. So what do we do about it? 70% of the time, its nothing. And the other 30% who actually do something are seen as either vain or jobless.

Never forget, health is wealth.

Keys to Healthy Living

1. Sleep when you’re supposed to.
2. Exercise
3. Live right
4. Eat right
5. Remember that there’s always the time for work and the time to relax. Even machines need rest.
6. A balanced diet isn’t a cliché, it IS important
7. Drink a lot of water( Adult should drink 2-3 litres or roughly eight 8 glasses of water per day)
8. Take walks when you can, especially if you have spent a long time sitting down
9. Be emotionally healthy. (i.e. Think positive and always be grateful, be content)

Let us take care of ourselves and let God do the rest.

Odeyemi Oluwayemisi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *